Sports and Recreation
At the Old Town – Orono YMCA, sports and recreational activities are something special. Friendly competition (even with yourself), lots of variety and a supportive environment means team sports and recreation are fun again, and it makes for a healthier lifestyle and a good story or two. The Y offers a variety of sports for both kids and adults.
Our Youth Sports programs build young athletes by giving them a foundation for a lifetime. Whether it’s improving their skills and coordination, or building the positive relationships that lead to good sportsmanship and teamwork, participating in sports at the Y is about building the whole child, from the inside out. Throughout the year the Old Town – Orono YMCA will offer the following youth sports: soccer, basketball, tee-ball, wrestling and more!
Homeschool & Virtual Learning Physical Education Programs
At the Old Town – Orono YMCA, we believe staying active and developing a healthy lifestyle is an essential part of youth development. We also understand the unique challenges many families face when choosing to homeschool or enroll their children in a virtual learning program. We are excited to partner with these families and provide a variety of physical education programs designed specifically with homeschool & virtual learning needs in mind!
Our Adult sport leagues are all about exercise, staying fit, building relationships, friendly competition and developing a healthy lifestyle all while enjoying a great time!
Indoor Batting Cages
Are you looking for some extra practice time before your baseball and softball season? If so, the Y has what you’re looking for with our Indoor Batting Cages! Come in and get ready for the start of the season.
Pricing: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Members: $20 $15
Non Members: $30 $20
Batting Cages are currently not available. Please check back for when it will reopen.
COVID-19 Building Policy for Youth Sports – Updated 11/16/2020
UPON ENTRY OF THE BUILDING:
- All spectators, members, and participants are MUST wear a face covering when entering the Old Town-Orono YMCA. We ask that the face covering is worn for the entire length of your visit unless you will be participating in a vigorous physical activity in which you may pull the mask down.
- Please help us in keeping our facility numbers within in the mandated amount by showing up no sooner than 5-10 minutes before for the scheduled time.
- Drop off for this event will occur outside of our building.
- Please enter through the main doors of the building.
- Everyone entering the building will be temperature checked.
- Once your temperature has been taken everyone will be expected to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer. A pump is located at the desk and on the wall.
- Please help us in offering this event with the lowest risk possible. There will be NO SPECTATORS for this event.
- Everyone entering our building is asked to comply with social distancing regulations of 6 feet from other individuals unless from the same family unit. (Family Unit= lives in same household)
- Waiting at pick up/ drop off in the main hallways or tracks is not permitted. Drop off and pick up will occur outside of the building.
- There is no seating available in Peterson Gymnasium or Turf at this time.
- All are expected to wear a face covering upon entry.
- Participants will be asked to wear their face coverings at ALL times. This includes while sitting on the bench, walking through the hallways, and using the facilities.
- We ask that everyone use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before and after use of the facility.
- All staff/ volunteers will be expected to wear their mask for the duration of their shift.
- All members, participants, and spectators MUST wear a face covering when exiting the Old Town Orono YMCA.
- All members, participants, and spectators are asked to sanitize their hands when leaving the building.
- Please maintain social distancing while exiting the building.